Community Education, Training
Summary Mayo North East is looking for an energetic and experienced Community Education, Training and Enterprise Co-ordinator to facilitate strong community participation by leveraging the capacity within communities to make a difference grounded in the principles of empowerment, human rights, inclusion, social justice, self-determination and collective action.
The Community Education, Training and Enterprise Co-ordinator duties will be:
• Supporting communities/individuals/groups In developing community profiles and assessments, business plans, formulating grant applications and proposals.
• Supporting groups throughout the project management stage and grant drawdown.
• Development of training programmes for communities and special interest groups.
• Providing advice and assistance to communities on relevant government funding.
• Dissemination of good governance practice for community groups.
• Providing supports for housing, education, life skills, mental health, alcoholism, welfare rights, youth and legal aid services.
• Fundraising for the development of innovative programmes from the public and private sector.
• Development of partnership with private and statutory providers for the relevant target groups.
• Facilitating forms addressing policy development and changes within the sector.
• Provision of youth programmes for 16-25-year-olds.
• Provision of life skills and educational programmes.
• Developing pilot programmes seeking additional funding from alternative sources.
• Delivering presentations to the Board.
• Reporting to the SICAP Manager
• Other duties which may be assigned by the SICAP Manager
The closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 10th May 2023. Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your experience to date and why you feel that you are the right person for the role.
Please use the above email for any queries in relation to the role.
Please be advised that CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
Sector: public administration and defence; compulsory social security