The Step Up Step Down Unit provides facilities for those in need of support for acute healthcare treatments, interventions and investigations. It is a short term residential treatment facility.
Working as part of the Step Up Step Down Team, the healthcare assistant will support service users to successfully complete the admission and outcomes in accordance with the service users care plan. Healthcare Assistants are pivotal members of a caring team whose purpose is to assist, enable and support individuals, demonstrating at all times a sensitive, understanding and client approach.
– Be actively involved in the individuals care and support, helping to plan this, playing an important part in the continuing assessment and review of the individuals needs and progress.
– Ensure at all times that information about individuals is treated with respect and confidentiality.
– Assisting clients with ADL’s as needed. Provide physical and personal care, assisting individuals in any aspect of personal care for example bed making, personal laundry, use of the toilet, bathing, eating, and drinking.
– Assisting clients with mobility issues.
– Contribute to the overall quality of the service delivery, by working closely with other members of the team, helping promote good practice, attending handover, taking part in staff meetings, and contributing to meeting the objectives of the team.
– Take part in regular supervision meetings and in activities to meet agreed learning and development needs associated with the job.
– Reporting any health concerns or risks associated with the clients care.
Sector: human health and social work activities